Hey everyone! Guess what! I got nominated for my first Liebster Award! Cool! I was nominated by fellow blogger Valerie from avecvalerie, which makes this even cooler because her blog has been one that I always stalk ever since I first discovered her. She is a lifestyle and beauty blogger and she also writes posts about planning and organizing (which is seriously one of my guilty pleasures). I also need to mention that the look and aesthetic of her blog alone is enough to make you want to stay on it for hours. So thanks for the nomination Valerie!
If the blogs I nominate choose to accept the award, please go through the official rules and find out more about the award. The rules are:
- Recognize and thank the person who nominated you
- Provide the rules of the award (can link back to the official rules post)
- Answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator
- Provide 11 different questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 5-11 blogs
- Give 10 random facts about yourself (optional)
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging on this blog for two months! And if Tumblr counts as blogging, then I’ve been on there for almost five years LOL (You can creep it here if you want! You’ll find a bunch of things I think are funny or just things I enjoy, as well of some of my more personal intimate thoughts about life hehe)
2. Why do you blog?
Honestly, I blog because I enjoy it! Writing has always been a creative outlet that I enjoy, like I love writing letters and jotting down my thoughts in journals and blogging just seemed like the obvious choice when I decided I wanted a platform to express myself.
3. What topics do you enjoy writing about?
Anything that comes to mind really. I find myself mostly writing (on this blog) about beauty and makeup because those are the things I really enjoy and love talking about haha. I mentioned I keep a journal, and in that I write about my feelings and things happening in my life because writing in my journal it is the main way I control the stress in my life!
4. How do you engage your readers?
That’s a good question LOL. I think that’s one thing I need to work on tbh. I ask open questions for people to respond to in my posts, and I also always try to respond to the comments that people take the time to write me!
5. Where do you find your inspiration?
Everywhere really! Inspiration for anything is everywhere, you just need to keep your eyes open hehe
6. Who are some of your favorite bloggers?
I don’t think I have a specific favourite blogger. Anyone I follow is a favourite blogger because I always make sure to read every single post in my following feed!
7. What is your blogging process like?
My blogging process is all over the place! I keep a list of things I would like to blog about, but sometimes I will randomly think of something to write about and I will write about it on the spot and post it immediately. I like my blogging process to be pretty organic, which to me personally means that I post when and what I want, not subjecting myself to publish posts on specific days or only writing posts about only one topic.
8. Where would you like to see your blog in the next year, in terms of success and direction (i.e. followers, subscribers, development, etc)?
I think it would be cool to have more followers or just people to interact with! I like writing posts, but it gives me a lot of satisfaction when people comment and tell me they enjoyed my post or learned something, or even when my friends in real life tell me they’ve tried something they’ve read on my blog.
9. What have you learned from blogging?
I’ve learned that even though this is something I started for fun, it takes a great amount of effort to maintain a blog. If I put off posting something, I always end up forgetting about it and will have a long gap of days between posts. I used to think no one would notice, but a good amount of people always call me out when I don’t post anything. Long story short, I guess I’ve just learned that I have a voice and that people enjoy hearing (or reading) what I have to say!
10. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
I would say, stay true to yourself and what feels right for you. Do what you want and don’t feel pressured to write about things you care about or post frequently just because other people do the same. Also interact and get to know the people you follow! It’s a great feeling when you feel like you belong somewhere and this is such an open and welcoming community – don’t be shy!
11. How do you get out of a writer’s block?
I ask people around me for help! Getting other points of views helps me really focus on what I want to write about and I always end up learning something, which is a nice bonus.
10 Random Facts About Me!
- My favourite feature about myself is my teeth, although in a lot of pictures you won’t see me smiling with teeth (shout out to braces though)
- My hidden talent is being able to memorize the lyrics of songs abnormally fast. Like by the third time I hear a song, I’ll know all the words. I’m also a lyric nazi and I think that’s why my friends don’t sing around me because I call everyone out.
- I once slept overnight outside, on concrete because my friends and I were in line to watch a free 5SOS concert in a parking lot. We waited in that line for 16 hours and the concert was maybe twenty minutes long and in direct sunlight with no shade. Safe to say I will never camp out in line ever again LOL
- I could live off sushi and Nando’s chicken and their garlic mash. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water
- I am suuuch a sentimental person. I save pretty much everything. I have this big container that’s filled with movie tickets, letters, flowers and anything associated with good memories to be honest with you.
- One of my worst habits is zoning out when people talk to me. I don’t do it on purpose either, it just happens, and I always find myself asking the person to repeat themselves and no one wins
- I’m allergic to peanuts and I swear that everyone who knows about it never fails to remind me or tease me that I’m allergic. Can anyone else with allergies relate? Or am I just friends with mean people LOL
- If I had to only use one social media platform for the rest of my life, I would choose Twitter
- I’m not an introvert or an extrovert – I’m an ambivert! And if you have no idea what that is, watch this Buzzfeed video which explains me PERECTLY.
- I hate playing the first impressions game because 99% of people have the same first impression of me. Everyone initially thinks I’m a bitch or stuck up or intimidating when they first meet me. To be fair though, I have the deadly combo of being shy AND having resting bitch face so I guess I understand where this first impression comes from LOL
WHEW. Okay you’ve come this far! I nominate the following people:
If you lovely people choose to take part in this, these are my questions for you:
- What inspired you to first start blogging?
- What are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- When was the last time you felt absolutely happy?
- You are given the opportunity to either go back in time five years and change something about your life (with no consequences in the present) or go forward in time five years and see what your life will be like. What do you choose and why?
- What is the greatest piece of advice you’ve been given?
- If you could have a dinner party with five people (living or dead) who would they be and why?
- If you could only use the products from one makeup brand, what brand would it be and why?
- What is one thing you are looking forward to?
- Would you rather live without music or television?
- Describe your go to makeup look that never fails to make you feel confident and beautiful.
Okay that’s all from me! I hope you enjoyed reading my responses and were able to learn a little something about me. I can’t wait to read the responses from all my nominees!